Monthly Archives: February 2016
Group Running Classes Spring 2016
CLASSES ARE FILLING UP FAST! DON’T BE LEFT OUT!!!
Back by popular demand, group running classes! There will be at least two classes this Spring. A beginner’s class and a class for current runners to get your running headed in the right direction so that you can improve your race times.
I will instruct as many sessions as I can fit into my schedule. The beginner’s class can hold more than the improve your running class. That’s because the improve your running class will include personal Functional Movement Screening and individual form analysis.
Both classes will be held in a local to Lansdale, PA park such as School Rd. Park or Parkside Place. We will decide when and where based on those who enroll. If needed we will hold the classes in more than one location. Historically classes have been after work hours but I can hold morning classes if enough are interested.
Beginner’s Class (Tuesday and Thursday 6PM):
- Will start with walking and add some running, as the weeks go by you will be able to run more than walk. At the end of 8 weeks most participants should be able to run a 5K with little or no walking.
- I will guide you to using good form, proper pace, and give tips to make it easier and keep it safe.
- Group classes are fun! You will meet new friends. They will help you succeed.
- See the Testimonials page for comments on past classes.
- Use the Contact Us page on this site to let me know you are interested.
- If enough are considering but not yet sure let me know now and I can set up an information meeting for you to meet me and ask questions.
Improving Your Running Class (Monday and Wednesday 6PM):
- Runners of all abilities and experience welcome
- Limited to 10 runners per class (may hold more than one class if enough are interested)
- Individualized instruction in a group setting
- Functional Movement Screen and form analysis done on each runner to identify any weaknesses that could cause injury. Suggestions will be made to what exercises need to be done to create balance and keep you injury free.
- Continued suggestions for strength work, stretching, and anything to help you improve.
- If you would like to discuss this class and are not sure, please contact me to ask any questions, or I can set up an informational meeting if enough are interested.
Both classes will be held twice per week and will be determined by availability of those who enroll. Both classes are $75 for 8 weeks and include a T-Shirt. Classes start the week of April 25th. Now is the time to sign up!
Classes will end in time to start a fall long distance race program for those that are signed up or thinking of signing up for a half or full marathon in the fall of 2016. The improving running class will get you prepared to enter that training.
As always, individual one on one training is available for running and/or personal strength/fitness/flexibility training. I can come to your location for either if within about 10 miles of Lansdale, PA.
As with any of my classes, please make sure you are fit enough to participate in any exercise program. You should talk to your doctor about any limitations to joining any classes. I will have a waiver for you to fill out and sign which will give you the opportunity to tell me any possible issue with you exercising. You should also be prepared to give me a contact name and phone number in case of any emergency.